Wonder what will become of the Sprinter.

Chris

John M McIntosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Yes and my german friends tell me
Daimler stock is up 35%, however
don't *ask* what it was before this debacle.

That and Daimler according the WSJ actually will pay out 500M euros
as a net loss by the time the paperwork
is signed due to the 7.5B going directly into Chrysler operations,
financing and debit. So although 7.5B exchanges hands there
lurked folks looking for 8B of money first before Daimler sees a penny.

Still Cerberus gets 18B or something of health-care/pension debt.
Wonder how they will shed that....

I wonder if the 19.9 % ownership is to keep a handle on the old
mercedes technology that has crept into various
Chrysler products over the last couple of years.

On May 14, 2007, at 12:59 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Subject: Re: [MB] Chrysler "Sold"
>
> DCAG just announced that it will sell Chrysler to an investment  firm,
> Cerberus, for $7.5 billion. The deal is complicated, as DCAG (to be
> renamed Daimler
> AG--whatever happened to Benz?) will keep a 19.9-percent  interest
> and loan
> money back to Chrysler Holdings, a subsidiary of Cerberus.  This
> isn't the deal
> that the unions wanted, but they didn't get their employee ownership
> dealtogether fast enough.
> The net of the deal seems to be that nobody gets much  significant
> money, but
> Cerberus will end up being able to ditch some of  Chrysler's money-
> losing
> operations, and Daimler can go its merry way building Mercedes-
> Benzes again.

Christopher McCann, happy customer of austerlitzshepherds.com
"Ohne Zucht keine Leistung, ohne Leistung keine Zucht!"
-2006 GSD, "Anke" (Yanke von der Burg Austerlitz)
-2006 GSD, "Sammy" (Zane von der Burg Austerlitz)
"Freude an der Arbeit: Hoechste Leistung - Mercedes-Benz."
-1985 300SD, 222K miles, "Wulf"
-1982 300Dt, 118K miles, "little blue klatter box"

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon May 14 20:52:42 2007