To: "'Mercedes Discussion List'" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Safe forms of payment in a car sale

YES YES YES !!! I have been billed for damages and sued for actions taken
with a car I traded in to a dealer because the eventual buyer never titled
the car.  Heed the excellent advice of Tony.  In Florida you can file a
statement with the state, which we now do.
BillR

Cash- period and full stop.

Take the cash to your bank for deposit directly into your account,
then sign the title there and get a bill of sale notarized for you at
the same time so that if the buyer goes and does crime with your old
car you've got evidence of the sale.  On the bill of sale put the
date, time, statement of miles and that the buyer assumes all
responsibility for the car as of x time.  Both you/buyer signs and you
keep.

Not perfect, but gives you some ammo.

Tony Wirtel