Levi,
Where I take my scrap(Champion's in Lodi) I am getting over $100 per ton for junk cars stuffed full of old appliances and such............If you have alot and a reasonable way to haul it it's worthwhile. If not, like you said, just best to give it away for the convenience. Keep an eye out for catalytic converters and set them aside, they are worth very good money and can make a load of scrap pay pretty well if you can get 3 or 4 as the smallest ones are bringing $35 as long as the honeycomb is intact. Copper is paying well over $1 if not $2 a pound now as well. Pretty easy to come up with a couple hundred bucks worth of junk in a big hurry.

Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Levi Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] DIY Powdercoating

Ahh, sounds like the powdercoating is flammable, or otherwise gets that way
in an enclosed heated area...

Yeah, probably just a couple bucks though. Some guy stopped by last weekend
looking for scrap.  I may make him up a pile of stuff, just doesn't quite
seem worth the hassle to me if someone is willing to take it for free.

Levi