I never believe torque/hp claims unless performed on a certifed electric load
dynamometer.  Way too easy to fake otherwise, and output calculated from fuel
consumption is crap.

Real dynamometers in the quoted ranges are rather scarce, as they were only
used for aircraft engines, and none of those were rated higher than 4000 anyway
-- the largest piston engines produced less than that, and turboshafts don't
produce hp in the same way (they are rated by static thrust, I think, like jet
engines).

I always get a kick out of the claims from top fuel drag racers telling folk
the flames standing a couple feet off the (cold) exhaust stacks are "just
hydrogen being produced from the air" -- may be hydrogen all right, but it's
from severe oxygen starvation and seriously incomplete combustion.  If those
things ever lean out to a burnable mixture, the heads blow off and the pistons
melt -- the exhaust valve opens half way down the power stroke and they have
something like 5:1 compression ratios, and there is at least 0.025" piston
clearance. Nitromethane/ethanol mixtures will burn way off the ideal air ratio,
and typical failures include flame cut piston rings with bits stuck to the
pistons.  I almost peed my pants when I saw one!

Peter