As some may remember I was having intermittent fuse-blowing
on this car (83 300D) when shifting into reverse.  A trip
through the rear wiring netted nothing, so I disassembled
the neutral safety switch.  Nothing overtly wrong, but I
did think that one of the spring leaves seemed to have a
bit much sideways flex in it so I potted its base in Shoe
Goo and reinstalled it after it had dried.  I had wondered
if it could move sideways enough to contact the case.

That seems to have done it, there have been no blown fuses
since then.

-- Jim