My friend at cal state LA had NO problem passing LA smog check with his Grey 6.9. It helped that he was a professor of power and Mechanics, and his lab had all the toys, including dynos. He was a true genius also. He knew every type of fuel injection system inside and out, and designed and built 1 and 2 cyl FI systems for research. Same guy that built hydrogen engines and made a hydrogen turbine engine out of an old turbo. His machining looked like a German machinist's masterpiece. Always.

We will always miss Jim.

Loren

At 10:54 AM 6/5/2007, you wrote:
On 6/5/07, Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Are there any other
> complications surrounding a grey market car?

Emissions, emissions, emissions.

I will never again buy a gray-market car as long as I live in an area
that runs regular smog checks.  Getting the 1980 280SLC I used to own
registered in Oregon was a huge PITA.  Part of the smog check here
involves a visual check that all factory emissions equipment is
present and accounted for.  The DEQ drones look up your car by make
and model in a big book (now computerized, I think) and compare
pictures of what's supposed to be there with your car.  Since they
couldn't find the SLC in their book, it automatically failed.  (Guilty
until proven innocent!)

Alex Chamberlain
'87 300D Turbo
'93 Isuzu Trooper