Okay, guys, here is something y'all might be interested in - I know I am!
But I can't have it!

Look on craigslist under Charlottesville? Virginia. It's a 190D supposed
Euro with manual windows and manual sunroof, and a 2.2 5 speed. *BUT* it is
in very rough shape - you would essentially be buying it to restore. The
lady ran it on veggie oil and now says it has "timing" problems. And the
trunk, she recently discovered, is filled to the brim in the spare tire well
with spilled peanut oil. She claims F and R suspension problems. She claims
front bumper pushed in to the point that it impedes the fan

Before any of you go reading her the riot act via email, take it easy - she
is really a nice lady, and nice and forthcoming with all the problems with
the car. She doesn't claim to know much about these cars, she's just sort of
a flower child, I think.

I wish I could buy this car, but we just bought another 190D that hopefully
needs much, much less work.

Brian

On 6/6/07, Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Or you can use the original racer's edge, and add some bootleg hooch.

]
>On Behalf Of John Freer
>Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 5:18 PM
>To: Mercedes Discussion List
>Subject: Re: [MBZ] Grey market issues
>
>Or a BB in the line if it is a 617!
>
>On 6/5/07, Mitch Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > Alex Chamberlain wrote:
> > >
> > > This same visual inspection procedure also prevents me from removing
> > > the EGR from my 300D.  I'll be moving to another county where the
> > > rules are different any day now, though.
> >
> > Seems like a solid copper EGR gasket would pass visual.

Loren Faeth