Brian,

That's the right filter.
IMHO I'd use it in a pinch and Order a Mann from Rusty PDQ then change
over to the Mann as soon as it arrives. No need to do an oil change when you
do it. Just the filter and add oil that will be trapped in the filter when you
do the change.
Don't know about the Wix but other after market filters have been known to come apart.
Making for one Hellofa mess.

Russ W.
83 240D x2

Zoltan Finks wrote:
Anybody ever use Wix brand oil filters? I thought I had one more from Rusty,
but I didn't, so I picked one up at the corner auto store. It's a Wix 51385,
and I am not confident that it is the right one. The Mann filter I had in
there has an inner diameter "ring" at about the half way mark in the
cylinder that hugs the center shaft. The Wix only has anything to hug the
shaft at the top of the filter.

Hope my description is understandable. Car is 83 240D.

Brian