One other point that was of interest to me. An MB salesperson in
Houston told me that MB had always tested for high heat in CA in
places such as Death Valley, etc. While temps can run upwards of 115
degrees, it is a dry heat with very little humidity.

He said that he began seeing test mules around Houston in the summer
time with high heat and humidity. He reasoned that was one of the
problems with the evaporators failing.

Interesting theory......

On 6/8/07, Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It didn't seem to be a problem anywhere else, only on wiring under
>> the hood.
> I believe it was the heat of the engine compartment that triggered the
> self-destruction.  Probably the insulation was designed to degrade in
> the sunlight (UV light)

Consider how accelerated life testing is conducted: elevated temperature
and humidity levels!  Even so, it takes considerable time to develop
and test something that is _supposed_ to decompose, yet not do so
prematurely.  Years, in fact.  Were they given such?  Somehow I
doubt it.

-- Jim