-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Allan Streib
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 11:44 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: [MBZ] wheels falling off

So, the recent discussion of ball joint failure has me wondering, is
there a way to detect a worn ball joint before it fails?  I have some
noises in the 300D front end but it seems to be right on the firewall
so I'm thinking it's the track rods.

How would I check for worn ball joints, or other wear in the front
end?

Allan
--
1983 300D