The friendliest biofuel is used McSoybean oil that would otherwise serve to
create some really low value product, or simply trashed....

On 6/13/07, Fmiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It seems than at Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:41:45 -0400, Allan wrote:

> > I really have to think that it is never going to become a widespread
> > source of power.  It is more of a Mother Earth News hippie back to
> > the land sort of idea.  Not very practical for most of us in urban
> > settings with no barn to store the mess.
>
> You are correct, and as more light is shined into the dark corners of
> the bio fuel world, we find that it is not as environmently "friendly"
> as it might first appear, either.
>
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article1909827.ece

That report may be accurate, but the heading is twisted. Just
because the currently popular oil sources have trouble doesn't
mean the whole idea is wrong.

I think the _concept_ is right, but the current implementation
is flawed. Algae and waste biomass (like the turkey processing
plant) is the right choice for the oil source. Certainly not
soybeans!

Algae can feed on our trash, and waste biomass is, well, waste.
To turn trash into fuel deals with two problems. Maybe not
enough to _solve_ them both.

--                Philip, arm-chair expert on anything.