Hi Everyone,

Well, after having the 300E just a little over 2 months, I'm kind of
hooked.  As you know, it has had lots of miles, (340,000 kms now) and needed
a little sorting.  More than anything, I think the car needed to be reminded
it was loved and in a car guys home now. :-)  Spent a lot of time detailing
it, going over things, oh, and driving it.  The more I drive it, the better
is seems.  The plugs are not not fouling anything like they were, but the
oil is dirty with just 1000 or so kms.  I think all the crud in the engine
is being cleaned out, so the oil is doing it's just.  I was goign to go
synth next oil change, but I think I'll give it one more dino and change
again in about 1500 kms.  I want to clean it out well before doing synth.  I
don't fancy dumping synth at $60-70 for a change in just a couple of
thousand clicks.

Anyway, I'm now in the market for a second.  Problem is, what to get??  I
like several.  As I said before, gas mileage isn't really a big deal, but if
prices continue to go the way they are, maybe it will be. :-(  I've always
loved the W123, both sedan and wagon.  Hard to get good ones here as most
I've seen are rusty.  I know they go a long time, but I don't really buy
into mileage doesn't matter with W123s.  It's a machine, and the engine it
just one part.  There are lots of things to go wrong with mileage, trans,
suspension, every part bolted to the car, and the car itself.  Having said
that, I'd love a nice clean one!  I also love the W126, and again, the SDLs
I've seen look like they were purchased to put LOTS of miles on them, and
the ones i've seen show it.  Maybe a 420 or 560?  The W124 has been good so
far, and maybe even a wago or a diesel version of it.  I see a few guys have
190s here.  so what are the general tougths.  I don't drive a lot of miles,
mostly shorter trips intown.  Parking (size) isn't an issue, but the car is
parked outdoors year round, so cold starts in the winter may be an issue?

Well, I'm just thinking out loud and would like to hear some of your
thougths on things to watch out for on W123s, W126s, with regards to
mechanical stuff, where rust likes to start and any $pecial parts to check
for.

Guess I'm becoming a real Benz head as I was out changing the plugs at
1:00am last night. hee hee.

Thanks for your thoughts>

Ed
300E