Andrew,

If you don't want to deal with the symptom, just refill when the
gauge gets to the 1/2 level.....  Symptom gone!

It's like turning up the volume when a noise gets annoying.......

Seriously, I have a similar symptom on my 16V......  I'm doing the
early fillup routine for now.

Take care,

Chuck
Phoenix AZ at 112F!