From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Kaleb C. Striplin
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 6:54 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Slow A/C leak 240D

If the leak is that big, I dont see any reason why you cant find it,
should be pretty obvious.  Did you check the compressor?  What about the
expansion valve?

archer wrote:
> Been trying to fix a slow A/C leak in an '83 240D off and on for the past
> several months.  Two local shops were not able to find the leak with their

> freon detectors, and I haven't been able to find it with four cans of UV
> dyed freon and a high tech UV source from a lab.  I've checked the
> condensate water from the evaporator several times for UV dye with
negative
> results.  I can pull it down with a vacuum pump and put in the required
> weight of 134a one day, drive it that day with plenty of cold air blowing,

> and the next day there will be absolutely no pressure showing on the low
> pressure gauge.  I've never replaced any O-rings and the low pressure
rubber
> return line from the evaporator is the original.  I'm wondering what the
> next thing to do would be?
> Thanks.
> Gerry Archer
> '83 300D and 240D

Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
  94 E420, 92 300D, 92 250D Turbo, 92 300E 4Matic, (2x) 91 300D,
  90 420SEL, 89 560SEL, 89 260E, 87 300SDL, 87 300TD, 85 380SE 5.0 Euro,
  81 240D, 81 380SLC, 80 240D, 76 240D, 76 300D, 72 250C, 69 250