From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 8:31 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Oil Consumption Creeping Up

In a message dated 7/9/2007 7:52:04 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Pumps it  into the air cleaner housing....I rebuilt the vacuum pump about a
month  ago. It's working like a champ.

Bob,

Take that hose and let it pump into a coke bottle/or similar, for a few
days.  A vacuum pump will still work while sucking some oil through a
slipped or
cracked diaphragm.  There should be zero oil in the  bottle.

Blow by is a function of engine horsepower being developed and all old
Mercedes have a threshold which you should not exceed or you will find  oil
consumption increases.  Maybe you are driving faster to get out of  the heat
quicker?
 Maybe a new route takes you up a long hill (??) on your  commute to the
plant?

The blow by threshold will naturally move lower on the horsepower curve as
the engine accumulates miles.  You might have to slow down a couple  miles
per
hour.

Regards,

Jim  Friesen