That works best.  An RPM governor is the least effective with a voltage
monitoring governor right in the middle of the two for steady, clean
power.

  I think the 617 would make a great genset engine........I wonder if you
could get a marine cam and injector pump to make it like the continuous
duty a bit more.

Mike