3 of the 4 Dunlops on my SDL slipped belts on the same weekend.  It
was a very rough, slow ride home.  Wear is a tradeoff with
traction.  I prefer softer tires with traction and a 40k or so
wearlife over longer lasting tires that send you into the ditch if
you spit in front of them.  IMHO, sticky tires are the cheapest and
best insurance you can buy.

Loren
who has driven about 1.75 million miles without being off the road
unintentionally.
Maybe 1/3 in MB

At 11:31 AM 7/13/2007, you wrote:
>On 7/13/07, Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Michelins are ok, but high-priced.  Best price/value I have found is
> > Conti Touring.
>
>I like how the Contis ride and handle, but they don't last in my
>experience.  I like the mid-priced Dunlops, anything in the
>"All-Season High Performance" or "All-Season Touring" categories on
>tirerack.com.  Currently have D60 Sports (I think---they superseded
>the D40M2, which was my favorite) on the 124.  Smooth quiet ride and
>grip to match the suspension.
>
>Alex Chamberlain
>'87 300D Turbo

Loren Faeth