Sears and Kmart are the same company now. I like having craftsman tools at
Kmart, there are lots of places I can think of where I like the Kmart alot more
than the Sears for several reasons.
Unfortunately it also seems Kmart carries alot of the cheaper, no lifetime
warrenty companion tools too.

Actually I've had good luck with the companion tools so I shouldn't say much.
In fact I have reasonably good luck with most tools. I bought a $10 set at
Autozone some time ago and while the plastic case is garbage (yay ShoeGoo!) the
tools are not. Sure the ratchets fall apart but I keep pushing them back
together and so far haven't been able to bust 'em.

Some time ago for breaking bolts I bought a pair of Companion breaker bars, one
each in 3/8" and 1/2". When leaning on something to break it loose I try to
remember to use those, then reach for the ratchet later.

I've also found if you're careful eBay can be a good place to buy tools. I got
my good 1/2" Craftsman ratchet on there for $12 shipped and it came with a 3"
extension. Gotta watch the shipping though.

Finally I buy alot of tools at Mardens which I think is only in Maine. Its a
closeout/overstock place so the inventory changes quick but last year I picked
up a big Husky wrench set for like $10, very nice wrenches. Compared to a
similar set at a tool show for the same money you get garbage.

-Curt