LarryT wrote:
> Technically, I suspect I was doing something illegal - driving my car with
> someone elses tags (PO) -  but being insured was my biggest concern.

Maybe on the someone else's plates part, but you don't even need to have
plates for a certain amount of time after you've bought the car.  In MS
you have seven days to license the vehicle after a purchase.  I drove my
300D 2.5T from Ohio to MS and didn't have any problems... While in MS I
got pulled over and showed the bill of sale (the title in this case)
which said I had purchased the car the day before.  Officer told me to
have a nice day :)

I think the same is also true for insurance.  You have some minimum time
where you're covered without actually having paid for it yet.  So long
as you already have an insured vehicle ;)

John