On Sat, 4 Aug 2007 06:37:58 -0700 Jim Cathey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > I've been wondering how the thing can get the same amount of clothes
> > clean with less water, and wondering if the door on these designs will
> > eventually leak.
>
> That bothers me too.  That and the fact that our water
> is effectively free means that there is not likely one
> in our immediate future.

There is more than one point to their efficiency. One is use of less
water. Another is spinning faster to extract the water more thoroughly,
which means you run your dryer less to get the clothes dry. Unless you
dry your clothes on a line (hard to do in the winter), you save that way,
too.

Craig