> This was something I didn't realize, either.  In fact,
> my drying times are lower because the clothing comes
> out of the washer much dryer that with a top-loader.

Than with _your_ top loader.  I looked into buying a
Fisher Paykel when it looked like I was going to have
to replace our washer.  It's a top loader, yet at the
time got clothes the driest of anything.  Didn't
have to do it then, I've been able to keep our 1974
Kenmore running.

I doubt that _any_ front loader could be kept running
this long.  Lack of availability of the custom door gaskets
alone would probably guarantee this.

> I just changed over from a gas water heater (propane
> here, we don't have natural gas) so I should be seeing
> a BIG drop in my gas bill.  In fact, it should drop to
> zero, since this was the last gas appliance outside of
> the fireplace and spa heater that we have.
>
> Dan (reducing my carbon footprint on a daily basis)

I haven't seen those new nuclear-powered driers yet.
Or are you merely exporting your carbon footprint to
a different neighborhood?  Unless you've switched to
the clothesline.  :-)

-- Jim