None of you have come even close to "major screw-up."

Late 70s at CGAS Cape Cod, a Canadian Forces turboprop aircraft dropped in
for a spot of fuel. One of "my guys" -- who it turns out could have been the
inspiration for Gomer Pyle -- volunteered to fuel up the Canadians. While
doing so, he pushed a set of portable stairs (a "check stand") into one of
the props, disabling the aircraft. ... The Canadian aircraft commander was
not amused. Neither was our Engineering Officer, who had to explain to the
Commanding Officer how we managed to "down" a military aircraft belonging to
a government not our own.

The Canadians paid me back for my supervisory oversight. About a year later,
while on their base for an air show, I sliced my hand open while trying to
do the twist-off cap thing on a bottle of Canadian ale that was not equipped
with a twist-off cap.

D.

--
LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/

Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org