-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Donald Snook
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 9:03 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Virtual Pillory: Come jeer at the idiot!

Casey wrote:

 "Hi, my name is Casey, and I'm an idiot."

Welcome to the club Casey.  I can certainly relate. It seems like a lot
of the time when I do some automotive project, I make six trips to the
store and usually have to correct something that I screwed up when I was
fixing the previous item.  I didn't work on my car this weekend, but I
did some home improvement projects (we are selling our house and I
needed to fix a few things).   Here's my dumbshit story:

I had to replace the bathroom faucet.  Not that big of a deal, right?
Our house was built in 1929, so it has lots of cool architectural
details and lots of character.  What that usually means is that modern
day replacement items don't fit and must be retrofitted in order to
work.  We have a pedestal sink in the hall bathroom.  I had to move the
pedestal out of the way to get at the plastic nuts that hold the faucet
in place.  I had already broken one of the knobs, so I had to replace
the faucet that day.  As I am moving the pedestal out of the way, I
twisted it and a large junk broke off in my hand. Because of the awkward
position of my hands and body, my hand dropped the broken piece and slid
straight down the razor sharp edge of the broken porcelain. It cut me
between my thumb and index - badly.  It immediately started bleeding.
It was bad, but I had to finish the sink or we have no water in the
bathroom.  So, I wrapped it up as well as I could and went back to
working on the faucet.

As you can imagine using tools and twisting and torqueing everything in
there, my bandage would not stay on (not that it mattered it was soaking
through in less than 60 seconds).  I probably should have gone to the ER
and gotten it stitched, but that wouldn't be very manly, so I just
worked through it. About 45 minutes later, I was done.  It looked like
someone had been murdered in our bathroom.  The bathroom is black and
white (lots of white).  It looked like the restroom in a slaughterhouse
when I was done. I had gone through all of the gauze bandages in my
first aid kit and had switched to paper towels.

Now, I have to figure out how to glue the pedestal back together or buy
a new one.   This is fairly routine. I usually hurt myself in one or the
other for every home improvement project.

If you ever need to clean up a lot of blood, ammonia works pretty well -
smells awful, but it works.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 138K (For Sale)