From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Robert Rentfro
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 12:23 PM
To: 'Mercedes Discussion List'
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Virtual Pillory: Come jeer at the idiot!

Donald typed:

"It cut me
 between my thumb and index - badly.  It immediately started bleeding.
 It was bad, but I had to finish the sink or we have no water in the
 bathroom.  So, I wrapped it up as well as I could and went back to
 working on the faucet."

Back in '81 or so, when I was a sub shop owner back in central Illinois, I
cut the bejesus out of my thumb one day on the sweet Hobart meat slicer.
Right down to the bone on the knuckle. About a week later, my father moved
to AZ and he wanted me to schlep out to him his Vactor (a big shit
sucker)and a one ton Dodge van. I rigged up a tow hitch to the front of the
van so I could pull it behind the Vactor. I thought the next logical thing
to do, since the trip was going to be about two thousand miles, was to take
the driveshaft out of the van. SO, I'm laying on ice in the drive of my
dad's shop (it's January and it's about -10 as I recall) and I commence
taking off the driveshaft of the van. About a minute into the evolution, I
have the requisite wrench slip off knuckle buster and, of course, it's my
bandaged up thumb I mash. The inside of my glove instantly becomes sickingly
warm. I too, like Donald, knew this job needed to be done, so I continued
noticing that the warmness gave way to alternating warm/cold. When I
finished my glove was kind of a bloody slush. I spent a few minutes checking
the lights and my glove froze solid. I walked across the street to the Dr's
office, and he thawed my hand/glove bloodcicle in a pan of water, cut off
the glove, lectured me sternly (small town thing, you know), and sewed up my
thumb without a local to "teach me a lesson".

Bob R.