[intolerant commentary deleted]

Correct, just because something left the factory rated that way doesn't
mean environmental conditions haven't weakened it. Also keep in mind that
the smaller jackstands can shift and move. Make sure they are all level, and
make sure they are in good condition before proceeding underneath.

Lifted 4x4 300TDs are fine to crawl underneath, but if a 300SD comes off a
jackstand on you, you are GOING to have a bad day. Also wise to make sure
you have someone that can hear you scream in case it falls on you, provided
you survive the initial THWACK.