From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of archer
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2007 9:59 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Sacriledge, break out the pitchforks

> Tom Hargrave wrote:
>A friend of mine was rear-ended years ago in his 74 Caddy. He had the rear
> sheet metal welded on from a 1959, the one with the very tall tail fins.
> The
> body shop actually did a respectable job and it actually looked good for a
> 59/74 (or 74/59, depending if you were coming or going) Fleetwood
> Cadillac.
ROFL!  Would have loved to have seen that.
> I wanted to chop the middle out of a Dodge mini-van and make it into a
> micro-mini-van. I figured I could remove the entire center section
> including
> the side door. Then I could install chrome rims, wide tires, loud stereo &
> cruise the streets playing Barry Manilow and John Denver.........
> Wife nix'd that one.
If you would have cut it just in front of the back wheels and just behind
the drivers seat, that would have been a "very" unique car; might have won
some prizes in California.  Probably would have looked something like a
1920s-30s Austin my brother-in-law owned.  There was just enough room behind

the front seats for two of us little kids to sit facing each other up
against the back of the car.
Gerry