I last check the 02 with a dwell meter off the test terminal on the inside
fender about a month ago.  At that time, it was fine.  I am "somewhat"
familiar with a CIS system, not an expert, but have kind of a working
knowledge of most of the systems.  Not sure about the temp sensor though, as
I don't think the CIS on my old 911SC has one, but I could be wrong??  Where
would I look for and test the temp sensor on my car?  It's a 1988 W124 with
the 3litre gas engine.  I don't think my car has the system whereby you can
pull any codes, but again, I could be wrong.

Thanks again for your help.  If I can't figure it out, I can always take it
out into a field and shoot it!  hee hee

Ed
300E...the high idle isn't the problem, is all the slow traffic. lol  :-)