I know that I sound ignorant so sue me. :)  I am trying to replace the junk
battery in my '85 300CD with a brand new battery and I can't remove the old
battery.  Is there something else that I have to take off to get the battery
out.  It doesn't clear the lip of the engine compartment and it doesn't clear
the air filter housing.

Is there something obvious that I am missing or what?  The PO took pretty lousy
care of this vehicle and for all I can tell it might not even be the right
battery.

Thanks for the help

Todd Smith  '85 300CD 248k miles

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message
may be privileged and confidential. If this e-mail contains
protected health information, you are hereby notified that any
strictly prohibited,except as permitted by law. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.  Thank you.