Yesterday's gluing of the door pocket came out well, it looks good and
seems nice and strong.  Time for round two.  I cut two thin strips of
metal (stiffening spines from a wiper blade) to nestle into the ribs
at the top of the pocket and glued them in place over the break there.
(Shoe Goo, of course.)  I also ran a bead over the few remaining minor
cracks not covered by the metal sheet, and beaded over the metal's
edge anywhere it was still exposed.  This was set aside to dry.  The
vinyl repair on the door panel looked good too, so I used weatherstrip
cement and a bunch of tiny spring clamps to put back the edge I'd
peeled loose.

I then fixed the door check.  I found a 1.5" bolt with M8x1.25
threads that fit the roller perfectly.  When in position half the
roller would be on the non-threaded part, so that was good too.  I
threaded one of the two rivet holes in the spring-loaded arm in the
check and drilled the other hole out to fit the non-threaded shank.  I
then greased the roller and assembled it, using a lock nut to secure
it in place.  (You can't tighten it into the check because the roller
wouldn't spin if you do.)  Then I greased up the other roller and the
hinge joints and assembled it with the arm extended, as you do for the
other cars' door checks.  There, that's $170 I don't have to spend!

OK, what I _don't_ like about the 107 door check is getting it
into and out of the door.  What a PITA.  It came out with only
moderate difficulty yesterday because it was in two pieces, but
today...  I had to take the check back apart and assemble it with the
arm retracted, then dismount and shift the window lift mechanism in
order to get enough room to twist the thing through the tiny maze of
access holes to get it into place.  Then I had to he-man the arm back
out in order to get it into the frame hinge.  However, once it was all
installed it worked well.  It took longer to install the check than it
did to fix it.

Inside the door bottom I found another one of those plastic shields,
to go along with the window slider I'd already found.  So much for
using this door as a pattern for the other!

I put another dab of weatherstrip glue on the torn passenger-side soft
top window seal, since it was up, and took another stab at headlight
adjustment.  Some fool had managed to get some kind of plastic
material glued into the screws at the top of one of the headlights, I
had to take them apart and use a propane torch to soften it up enough
to dig it out.  Sheesh!  I left the headlight bezels off until I can
finish the dialing-in.  (And I really need to do some paint touch-up
under there too, both sides.)

-- Jim