"LarryT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>     Or perhaps the rules are written to prevent someone from running a
> diesel?

I think they are.  I know little about NASCAR, so I might not have the
particulars correct, but I do think that the fuel (ethanol I believe),
the engine displacement, carburetors, etc. are all very tightly
controlled so as to make all the cars nearly equal in terms of engine
performance.  The idea being if all the cars are the same, then the
best driver will win.  Similar regulations exist for the profile of
the car, the rear spoiler, etc.

There's really nothing "stock" about NASCAR cars anymore.

Allan
--
1983 300D
1966 230