If you bought a new car, what would the total of car payments,
increased cost of insurance and so forth be?  Compare that to the
total you have spent for a similar period of time for the Benz.  I am
pretty sure the old Diesel will come out smelling like a rose even
after spending the bucks to have the AC fixed..  Mine do every time I
do the math.  Funny how wives complain about maintaining an
inexpensive reliable car, but never complain about $400-$500 car
payments, because it is the same each month.

Counter that by setting up a transportation budget of say $300 a
month in a separate account.  As it accumulates, you will have the
funds to pay for repairs and even replacement cars, and can show it
is less expensive that a new hunk of detroit or nippon iron

At 08:13 AM 9/6/2007, you wrote:
>If you love the car I would fix it.   You cant buy another one for that
>amount.
>
>---
>Kaleb C. Striplin
>Cox Auto Trader