Correct. Wikipedia is a "community" project. Those with the
"knowledge" are supposed to write, edit, and correct the information.
In my book, that makes it "common knowledge" - which is what the
stomach ulcer episode I mentioned a few minutes ago in the "Fix or
Sell? killer R12" thread was - "common knowledge", and it was dead
wrong.

> Tom and all,
>
> People who write for Wikipedia are not authenticated in any way!  You  can
> speak to any topic and if reading, all info must be taken with a grain  of
> salt
> I can tell you that one major volcanic eruption causes more ozone  depletion
> than all the controlled refrigerants EVER MADE!  You don't have  to believe
> that and I don't have to prove it.
>
> Further, the burping and farting of cows creates more ozone disruption each
> year than all of the controlled refrigerants ever released.  Believe  it or
> don't!
>
> So how do we ban volcanoes?  Do we bag all our cows and.or keep them  in a
> controlled environment?
>
> I have been in the air conditioning field for more than 50 years and  still
> find it incredible that our governments acted so quickly  at the Montreal
> Protocol meetings to ban R12 (and others) production.
>
> Much to my dismay, I ran out of R12 this year.  Maybe I can bag  some cow
> methane!
>
> By the way, I do read wikipedia and find the info mostly believable.   Most
> of the writers have some clue as to what they are talking about (somewhat
> like
> this forum), but be careful what you assimilate.
>
> Jim  Friesen
> Phoenix AZ
> 79 300SD, 264 K miles
> 98 ML 320, 151 K  miles

OK Don, KD5NRO
Norman, OK
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."
-Benjamin Disraeli
'90 300D, '87 300SDL, '81 240D, '78 450SLC, '97 Ply Grand Voyager