I don't mind stuff that is up front about being entertainment but some
shows pass themselves off as being informative, when in fact they are
pure entertainment.
I don't mind putting the brain in neutral and watching a kung fu movie
or spending quality time with my son helping Ratchet and Clank save the
universe but something like top gear is just rubbish. Teasing us with
stuff that is beyond our budget and when we work hard all our lives and
finally can afford a fancy car, we find that it is just another car but
with more expensive problems.
Then again I am the sort of person whose dream car is a 124 station
wagen but middle age is creeping up on me. Perhaps when the hair starts
to go I'll need something to make me look younger and more vibrant.