From: tom savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:15 pm
Subject: [MBZ] Quick Mercedes trivia questions

I'm helping someone compose the Mercedes Story for children and she's
got me stumped on a couple of points:

Does anyone know who designed the W136 170?  I'm pretty sure it would
have been Hermann Ahrens, who was design chief before and after the war,
but haven't been able to find any definitive answer online.

When did seat belts become standard in Mercedes?  1964?  And is it true
that MB was the first carmaker to install them as standard equipment?
(Besides Tucker, I mean.)

Appreciate any insight,
Tom