I'll note if you have a early W140 transmission (pre 95? non-
electronic) then if you ask mercedes for a rebuilt one, you will find
out they don't have
any in stock, thus require your core to rebuild it at their approved
rebuild centre, helpfully located elsewhere in the country.

Interestingly although they shipped mine via truck freight to the
rebuild center, once rebuilt it became part of *official* inventory and
thus was eligible for free air freight shipping back.

On Sep 17, 2007, at 7:06 AM, Rusty Cullens wrote:

> Actually, my rebuilder pays the freight and 8 hours labor on his
> transmissions. Of course I have only had 3 warranties in 32 years,
> so it is
> not a real concern of mine.
>

> Rusty Cullens
> BuyMBparts, Inc.
> Tel 1-800-741-5252
> Fax   770-454-9745

John
1983 300TDt  384k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1990's 300TDt  205k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)
1993 500SEL 194k Kilometers (mobil 1 Delvac)