----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Cathey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> So, anybody electronical out there that's connected well enough
> to find some specs on a Chinese T2142 "Dynamo Transistor?"  All
> I really need right now is a pinout, and its basic characteristics.
> With any luck the one I have is still good, but using the Fluke to
> suss out the pins isn't working too well.  Assuming that it is
> NPN-ish with customary pinouts for the package gets me a schematic
> that is stupid.
> -- Jim
If you're anywhere near a big university you might try their engineering
libraries website and look for circuits, transistors, dynamo, gensets,
generators, chinese generators, etc.  If you find something you can go to
the library and zerox whatever you need.
Back when I was fooling around with the some of the early Asian electronics
I found that the eng libr had books with circuits for nearly any kind of
manufactured electronic part or product imaginable.  If the librarian is
knowledgeable, he/she might help you find what you're looking for.  Senior
students sometime work the libraries desk.  If the university in your area
is like the University of Florida, you'll very likely see many Chinese and
other oriental students working there.  Some of them might actually be
familiar with your genset.
Good luck,
Gerry