>Any other questions? I have one of these assemblies, new, in my garage. Do
>you want me to disassemble it, measure it & confirm that it really does have
>some free play?
>
>Thanks,
>Tom Hargrave
>www.kegkits.com
>256-656-1924

No need Tom, if it assembles it has clearance.

Simply stated, if a pin goes into a hole it has clearance.  You cannot
put a 1.0000 dia. pin in a 1.0000 dia. hole without using force or
heat.
I've been in aerospace quality too long to get sucked into that one.

This entire thread on what are called "running clearances" is serving
to remind me how few of us are mechanics.

Samuel Colt and his place with interchangeable parts.  I spent 2 years
at Colt Firearms in Hartford Connecticut learning to assemble 38
specials.  Most common tool was a file and rawhide hammer.
Yes, parts were interchangeable.  They had to be fitted to work VERY
WELL.

--

Regards,

Peter T. Arnold

2007 HHR, 2.4L/Auto, LT2, 15Kmi, No problems!
1987 300SDL  280KMI  Inherited by Grandson
1995 F-250 PowerChoke  199Kmi
1954 Metropolitan Convertible, Hanger Queen
Wife has a Cruizer, 80 Kmi, as reliable as an Ice Box, the car that is!