At 10:11 AM 10/17/2007, you wrote:
>Hello Tom
>
>Just when you thougth it was safe. -- I have studied the pictures and have
>I think two basic questions:
>
>1.  I see a lower grease fitting in the steeering nuckle carrier in Fig.
>33-3/3 and in Fig 33 - 3/7, but I don't see an upper grease fitting.  Is
>there one?  If so, where?

Yes, on top of the kingpin

>2.  I am unsure how the kingpin-steering nuckle assembly is secured to the
>upper control arm.   It is very clear it fits in a tapered hold in the
>lower control arm.  OMG what a strong assembly.

the bolt holds eccentric washers, allowing adjustment of
alignment.  THe washers hold the upper control arm.

>Fig 33 3/3 seems to show the head of the king pin does not engage the upper
>control arm on top of the pin.  Fig 33 3/7 may show the assembly is on one
>side, perhaps behind, the upper control arm.   There are two bolts up
>there, a threaded bolt (2) and a cam bolt (3), which makes me wonder just
>how the bolt and upper control arm are connected.

See above.

It makes sense once you start to take it apart.  assembly is in
reverse order, except with snug fitting parts.  Just tear into it.  I
used a jack under the lower control arm to ease the LCA down after it
has been loosened from the kingpin, a controlled release of the
spring pressure.  for assembly, i jacked up the LCA to seat the
knuckle in the kingpin..

Loren Faeth