Sad day when the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter (and others of
the same ilk) are considered main stream media.  Most of the "normal"
media has been neutral to opposed to the Iraq fiasco for some time now,
just the right wingers are still in favor, sort of.

That does not absolve the main stream media from responsibility for
repeating the dis-information and downright distortions perpetrated
upon the public by numerous Administration personnel.

Prime example:  Dan Rather being crucified for reporting on those
supposed memos about GWB -- for Christ's sake, I HAVE an IBM Executive
typewriter that types proportional type, why in the name of everything
good would anyone ever repeat the comments of some teenaged blogger who
was a negative twenty or so years old when they were supposedly typed?
A simple Google search reveals (Tada!!!) that IBM bought the company
that made the proportional type typewriter in 1948, added their new
carbon ribbon mechanism (the same one used in their regular A, B, C,
and D office machines of the time) and sold the bleeding thing until
1974 or so, by the hundreds of thousands, including to the National
Guard and the various branches of the US Military.  You could order any
custom type bars you wanted,  Anyone older than 50 who took a typing
class in high school knows this stuff, it's hardly a secret.  Did
anyone step up and say so?  Hardly -- NPR didn't even bother to reply
to my e-mail on the subject, they instead quoted a supposed typewriter
forensic expert who cannot have actually seen a typewriter, since he
blew a bunch of crap about no proportional type, blah blah blah.  I was
sorely temped to ship him my old Executive, collect.

I bought it for $2 at a yard sale -- before the advent of desktop
publishing, they were the dream of every newsletter producer since you
could full justify type with them on spirit masters or mimeo masters --
anyone remember those?

Peter