i'm of an age where i'd have been too young to have served in vietnam, but
am old enough to have seen the effects the war had on our country.  having
even peripherally lived through that, the lesson to avoid future vietnams is
firmly burned into my psyche.

you can imagine how shocked and horrified i am to see that our leaders, who
honestly should know better, have now brought us vietnam part deux.  the
results are similar, with the exception that young people today neither know
nor care enough to protest.