Gang,

Now that the kingpin war seems to have died down, I have a general question
about W108 vs 123/126 ride quality.

As most of you know, the 123 and 126 soak up even the rudest bumps with grace
and style. The suspension is soft, but if everything's in spec the cars don't
wallow, and respond nicely to steering input. It is best ride I've experienced
outside of a Citroen, which is high praise for those who know of what I speak.

My question is how 123/6 ride quality compares to a W108 that's been sorted out
(i.e. shocks and springs in good shape, hydropneumatic device in working order,
etc). I presume the steering response on a 108 might actually be better than
the later cars because of the double wishbone design, but I wonder if generally
the ride isn't a little harsher than the later cars.

Any thoughts from people who've got experience with both platforms?

D.