Hi,
  25 years dealing with Claim Adjusters taught me one thing: show them yor
car's real value with parts and labor in black and white.
  Write down the purchase price and every part and price for that part.
  Put a price on your labor and be local rate based.
  I have had to do this before and if you give them facts to work with they
need it, they pay and play well.
Replacement is Like Kind and Quality. Look close!
  Ed in Chicago
Loren Faeth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  When our 1999 and 2000 Dog vans have been hit, the offers have been
fair. With a MB, they are out to screw you, espacially if it is more
than 10 years old.

At 09:27 PM 10/17/2007, you wrote:
>ernest breakfield writes:
>
> > typical insurance company tactic; the first offer is always a
> > fraction of what the thing is actually worth, because some people
> > are so eager to be at the end of the trauma associated with the
> > crash issue that they'll take anything that's offered just to be
> > done with it all,... you can usually end any conversation with the
> > agents by challenging them to find you one like yours for what
> > they're offering you!
>
>I hear this a lot, but have to say that when our 2002 F150 was totaled
>a couple of years ago, the first offer was quite fair, and in fact was
>MORE than what I had paid for it the year prior. So either I got a
>great deal initially, or they were just not playing the low-ball game.
>With something that new, though, the market value is pretty easy to
>determine. When you are talking about a 20 year old car it's a lot
>less likely that a "blue book" price is going to apply to a particular
>specimen.
>
>Allan
>--
>1983 300D