I have been lurking for quite some time and now have decided to repair my 1980
300D climate control, for the longest time it would only deliver defrost. The
car would not turn off with the green vacuum line connected under the hood.

I have removed and replace the push button and temp wheel. Now that is done the
car turns off normally with the green vacuum line connected I am able to select
the different push button selectors, with the correct air moving out of the
vents. (floor, side vents, defrost vents) Now the problem is that it is always
calling for heat I put another temp wheel in with the same results.

I need help with what is calling for heat!

TIA Douglas.