Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:36:52 -0400
From: "dave walton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT, TV's
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

They are widescreen. Wider than normal TV, but not as wide as in a
theater - so when you watch those DVD's, you still get a black bar at
the top and bottom. When you watch normal TV, you get the black bars
on the sides. The resolution and picture quality of HD is awesome. I
now watch House and Bones just because they are broadcast locally in
1080 and I can record them with an antenna plugged into the Media
Center PC. I do wish they would straighten out the competing standards
for the HD version of DVD's. Can't wait to get Netflix in HD, but
won't buy a drive until the blueray vs whatever thing is worked out.

If you are only using it as a TV you don't need the 1080. Cable and
Direct-TV are only sending out 720 signals and they compress the hell
out of the image before bouncing it off the satellites. Hopefully that
will change soon.

Keep in mind that all my info is at least 3 months old and everything
may have changed again by now.

-Dave Walton

http://mail.yahoo.com