Hi,
  B2 only! Very quick and clean?? Dirty?
  No seals and not leaking as of yet.
  I buff better than Ben changes B2 pistons. Not faster.
  I can't fault his "Rebuild it wisdom" Due to the age not mileage. He had a
proper piston and suggested a quick swap for now. He wants to do a complete
rebuild. I am spread to thin to be anything but be frugal till spring heat
returns and I am forced to do something.
  2 girls in College.

  Ed in Chicago
Allan Streib <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Oct 28, 2007, at 5:20 PM, Gary Thompson wrote:

> Complete B2 replacement with new seals can be done "in about 10
> minutes"... with the transmission out of the car. :^)
>
> Takes me more than 20 minutes just to remove the old seal that holds
> the bushing in place with the transmission in situ. Can't see what
> you're doing and have to work by feel.

>From what Edward wrote, it sounds like the friend did not pull that
seal or replace the bushing. Just stuck in a new (used) piston.

That seal took a good chunk of time for me too, including fabricating
a tool to get it out.

Allan
--
1983 300D