Before you spend $$$ for someone else to adjust the valves, buy a
Glow fuse (60 Amp) from Rusty or from a Stealership and put it
in.  If that and waiting 30 sec after the light goes out to hit the
starter does not work, then get a couple of 14mm wrenches and a
feeler gauge that goes down to .006 and set the valves yourself.  It
is good to know how to do it.  One 14 mm wrench needs to be
thin.  You can get cheapies and grind one thinner.  You don't have to
have the special set they show in the book.  I have been setting MB
DIesel valves since 1971, and I have never owned a set.

At 02:50 PM 10/29/2007, you wrote:
>Could be:
>A valve (or valves) not closing completely - needs valve adjustment
>Low Compression
>Starter (turning motor over too slow)
>Weak (or wrong) battery
>Corroded battery terminal
>Failing alternator
>Loose alternator belts (you have both belts on the alternator, right?)
>IP timing
>
>Start with the easy stuff first.
>
>Tom
>www.kegkits.com
>
>HI.  THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION ALL!  THIS CAR HAS BEEN A DAILY
>DRIVER FOR MONTHS!
>HERE ARE SOME MORE DETAILS...
>
>THE VALVES HAVE NOT BEEN CHECKED.
>
>THE CAR HAS A NEW BATTERY.
>THERE ARE NEW ALTERNATOR BELTS
>THERE IS A NEW IP
>THE BATTERY TERMINALS ARE CLEAN
>COMPRESSION? hMMM  NOT SURE.  BUT THE MOTOR RUNS FINE WHEN STARTED
>W/O ANY BLOW-BY.
>
>I'LL HAVE TO PONY UP ON PAYDAY AND GET THE VALUES CHECKED.
>
>THANKS EVERBODY!
>
>-MICHAEL
>
>Nobody loves me like my mother, and she could be jivin' too.
>
>- B. B. King

Loren Faeth