It seems than at Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:06:20 +1030, Hendrik wrote:

> One way to determine if the glow plugs are working is to hook up a
> voltmeter to the battery, it should drop 2-3 volts while the glow plugs
> are heating up.

My favorite way to test glow plugs is with an old dash-mount
type ammeter that is no longer dash mounted. I think mine is
+-30A. I connect one end to the big fuse and the touch each glow
plug one at a time. I even get to see the current draw decrease
as the plug heats up. I think I even did the whole operation
from the glow plug relay as each plug (newer "pencil" type) has
it's own wire to the glow relay connector. That way it tests the
wires too.

--               Philip