Good Dog!
    very sad; dog was doing its job. too bad the idiot who wasn't
supposed to be in its yard had a badge and a gun!

    makes me wonder though; after being around Belgian Malinois dogs
(similar in temperament and sharing a common base with the Belgian
Sheepdogs) for some time and knowing how good their aptitude for Good
Guy/Bad Guy is (one of the reasons you're seeing them more often now
replacing GSDs as Police and SAR dogs), i have to think there was
something even more wrong about that cop than appears on the surface in
this story. i know ours is a total sweetheart to most people, but around
the wrong person or someone in 'her' space, she's All Business.

cheers!