I am told that this model does have a strainer in the bottom of the tank.

On the underbelly of this car approximately below the rear passenger's floor
area is where the fuel filter and two pumps are located.

As this car was first my father's in CT. you can imagine the surface rust I
found under there today.   :)

I'll see if i can posibly find some of this PB Blaster

Dave H...> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:08:44 -0600> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
mercedes@okiebenz.com> Subject: Re: [MBZ] 93 300E "Bucking"> > Does that car
have an in-tank filter at the bottom, or maybe on the > pickup? Or a fuel pump
in there? That might have gotten goobered up > when it ran low, sloshed some
crap around.> > I was gonna suggest a torch to free the rusted up bits, but on
further > reflection...> > PB Blaster does a pretty good job on rusty stuff, if
you leave it sit > for some time and spray it again now and then. The can is
fun to read > too. Most auto parts stores have it.> > --R> > David Hemsley
wrote:> > Hi All,> > I have a 93 300E that I love has never given my any
problems - Besides which it has history with me since it was my father's car.>
> > > Two/Three days ago my Lady ran it really low on fuel. When I refueld I
noticed that at bare minimum speed/idle levels she seemed to be "bucking." I
thought perhaps water in the fuel and put dry gas in at the next stop.> > > >
This did not stop the "bucking" noticeable when standing still as the idle
would fluctuate between 5 and 10. Upon acceleration it would disappear. when
first trying to move froma stop it appears to want to stall then takes off and
seems to be operational.> > > > I started to figure a fuel filter. Who knows
the last time this was replaced????> > > > Bought a fuel filter - $62.00 For a
fuel filter ?????> > > > How is everyone freeing up rusted screws, nuts, bolts
etc? WD 30 wil not even begin to do the job. I cannot begin to replace the old
filter if I can't even take it off :)> > > > > > Dave H...> >