That is way cool.  I always wanted a tach for my 200D.  Back in 1971,
I bought a tach for my R-50/2 and I always thought that VDO tach
could be made to drive off  OM 621/61x engines by using the base of a
gasser distributor stuck in the oil pump drive in place of the top
plug.  Then In the 80s I looked at the electric pickup Diesel tachs,
but they were pricey.

This looks like something even i could build, on a breadboard, at
least.  I could probably find someone around this town who could
build (etch) a circuitboard for me.  aesthetically, I think the 2"
round black/white VDO would look more appropriate in the 200D than a
digital tach though.

At 08:59 PM 11/20/2007, you wrote:
>With all the talk in the past about tachs for diesels this might be of
>interest to someone.
>
>--R
>
>http://www.davehylands.com/Electronics/Tachometer/
>
>Here's a super simple circuit for a Tachometer.

Loren Faeth